Why Are Those Flys Circling Your Head?

Got on a plane this morning and listened to four or five people sneeze - thought of the swine flu every time and about how easy it would be to spread from person to person.

Though back to sitting at the birthday party on Sunday - after eating a half-pound of pasta and taking a couple of basketball shots with a still sore toe - heard my niece saying that the mosquito's were following me as though I were a ---- swine.

Can it be that in this day and age that we can contract such a disease or is it all an idea of over-eager imaginations?

If it were up to my wife we'd all be wearing dust masks to ward off the disease, but I am clearly on the other side of the ledger.

I feel as if it is all a scare tactic caused by imaginations that are too quick to respond to the Chicken Little Syndrome of living in this day by day, over exaggerated media driven, bullshit world.

Then again.... I have been conditioned to understand that the sky can fall and that all of your worst fears may certainly become reality.

I type this with an ache in the heart, a swollen toe, and a bruised ego that tells me that everything I ever understood is a huge pile of manure.

Can the world be tore asunder by a flu developed by a swine?

You bet your hog-like ass it can.

Comments

John said…
Bet your own hog-like ass. I'll be working mine off playing softball again (until I pull a hammy). Great talk yesterday. Take care, man.
CorLeone said…
Maybe you just need some good 'Oink-ment'

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie