The Definition of an Idiot

When I was eating seafood again, on the 2nd night, after already experiencing symptoms of the gout, my wife watched me and then very casually mentioned to my kids that I was the very definition of an idiot.

Turns out, she was sooooooooo right. How I rue that 2nd day of seafood.

Yet it also got me thinking about the definition of an idiot. I suppose that it truly is someone who does something time and again expecting a different result.

Kind of like going into Iraq twice without an exit plan.

Kind of like getting back behind the wheel to drive after you've been drinking and have already experienced the thrill of a DWI.

Kind of like root, root, rooting for the home team when you know they don't spend enough money to really compete.

Kind of like re-electing people to the senate, term after term after term when you know they've never done anything.

Kind of like believing that there won't be new taxes and the guy speaking on election-day eve is really for the working man.

Kind of like believing that the dog won't eat the slice of pizza you left sitting on the edge of the counter, even though she did it yesterday.

Kind of like walking on the newly cleaned floor with dirty shoes and wondering why your wife is yelling at you again.

Kind of like sitting in the sun without sunscreen believing that you'll tan evenly - bronze-god like. (You should see me peeling).

Kind of like eating two huge seafood dinners, expecting that it won't have any effect on you. (Gotta' go - time to put my cherry-red toe to bed).

The very definition of an idiot - perfect - look kids - watch him limp away.

Comments

deafjeff said…
Have you ever figured out that your lovely Mother is not Italian? That means your half kraut skin will burn just like my lilly white pollack ass.
Oh, Cliffy, wait 'til it starts itching. I am just about done shedding, but I have to beg the kids to scratch my back every night. I sat in a meeting the other day and wiggled in my chair because my entire body itched. Fun stuff!

Thanks for the image Pops - really appreciate it... :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie