Still Getting Burned

I don't know why I believe that my Italian-American skin can't get sunburned - twenty beers following a few bloody mary's made me brave. Today I'm like the tinman before they hit him with the oil can.

Spent the day at Epcot yesterday and actually felt a miracle. I had been on the beach with my sister, Carrie, the day before.

Yesterday, walking into Epcot with Kathy and the boys, I stopped at the wall of dedication - which is about six miles long. Sam was standing with me - I turned to him and said - "What's this all about?"

I walked to the first tiny plaque - I'll put the photo up later - that said:

"To Jeff. I Miss You. We all love you. Love Carrie."

Coincidences? There were easily ten thousand dedications on that wall - and I honestly only looked at one.

Feeling burned, but rising......

Comments

deafjeff said…
That is scary. Way more than ten thousand, they are all over the ground too. Just getting stranger.
My sunburned skin is shedding. I feel like a snake, but I can move without a problem now.

Can't believe we figured out the meaning of life on that beach, but the over-abundant Bloody Mary's made us forget it all. Eh, maybe next time?

That dedication: I think it everyday.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie