Rumplestillsken Sucks (Is that how that dude spells his name?)

When the kids were real young the sleep deprivation was absolutely mind-numbing. All of the joy of being a parent was nearly sucked away with the feeling that I was half-zombie, half-human. I'm back riding the same train.

Last night I Tylenol-PM'd it and turned on the blanket well before getting into bed. I settled the blankets, made sure my feet were under the sheets, read a little, and decided that this was the night when it all came together for me. I had worked hard all day, the family was wild with excitement about the upcoming vacation - I was set.

I settled in a little before ten. I looked at the clock again at 10:35. I was up and out of bed at 11. I started playing peek-a-boo with the clock, finally turning it away from me at about 11:45.

"I'm never going to freaking sleep again," I said as I hammered the pillow - and then I didn't remember going to sleep. I should have remembered it because I only slept for 45 minutes or so.

Up at 1:00, back to sleep by 2:00, up at 3:00, sleeping again by 3:30 - out of bed for the day at 5:15.

Why the hell am I telling you all this? Because it sucks and it's the only real thought I've had all day.

My thoughts for the day: Get some coffee, buy the newspaper, get a good night's sleep - visit a client, kiss the kids, feed the dogs - get some sleep, Yanks on at seven, life sucks - get some sleep, pasta for dinner, life still sucks, let the dogs out again, write some reports - get some sleep.

Write a blog? Sure - then get some sleep - wish me luck.

Comments

Larry L said…
I am glad I am not alone. I should have been in bed an hour ago but here I am at my computer. This happens way to often.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie