So This is How I'm Supposed to Eat?

I started my day with a bowl of bran cereal - it sucked. I ate it quickly, a half-hour after waking, because I'm told I should.

At lunch - nothing but fruit - cherries actually because they are supposed to be good for the gout - they sucked too. Whoever said life is a bowl of cherries never had to eat them and drink the juice because his big toe was throbbing.

At night, I ate the same thing I've had three nights in a row - pasta, garlic, onion, and broccoli. Actually yesterday I had it with peas, and the night before with spinach. I have not had a single piece of meat since Saturday.

All of this in an effort to get rid of the pain in my foot. A couple of posts back a man contacted me - he had written a book about living with the pain of gout - God Bless him - I'm going to have to read that. It must have really driven him crazy to write a book about it, huh?

Yet today also started with my car battery dead again. I must have made a hell of a scene this morning for the neighbors as I limped away from the car, shaking my fists to the heaven and yelling: "DOES EVERY SINGLE DAY HAVE TO F---ING SUCK!"

Yet here I sit in the evening - the Yanks just won on a walk-off home run. The Advil has taken the edge off and the wife, kids, and dogs were happy to see me.

Deep breath time.

Zucchini sounds about right as my vegetable with the pasta tomorrow.

Comments

You know, when you screamed at the sky, Jeff was laughing his ass off!
deafjeff said…
who do you think makes his battery go dead.
Andrea Renee said…
Ditto Carrie!

At least the Yanks won, right? Hang in there...

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie