The Gout

I love seafood - all of it - and so do my boys. So, on a day where it was raining a bit and we were beat from walking Epcot, I loaded up - lobster tails, scallops, crab, clams, and shrimp - I cooked it all with a little help from a dirty martini - thanks Carrot (I got more Goose) - and just as I placed all the food on the table, I grabbed my camera, raised it to take a photo, and in my head said - "Hey Chef, what do you think of that spread?"

The Stevie Wonder song ended as the camera raised - and no shit - before I snapped the photo - Born to Run blasted through the speakers. I lowered the camera with tears in my eyes and Kathy said, "What?"

"Do you hear the song?" I asked.

Coincidence? That one rocked me!

So, I ate like I was going to the chair and was almost immediately blessed with the gout. I couldn't even put my foot on the floor.

We walked around Magic Kingdom for 12 hours yesterday too - I hope no one got a photo of a slightly overweight, bald guy, rubbing ice from his coke on his huge big toe.

There are leftovers - shrimp and scallops - who wants to bet it ends up in linguine today?

Gout and all. Just one more joke played on me from above.

Tramps like us...baby we were born to run.

Comments

Andrea Renee said…
The coincidences are uncanny - every day they happen, and if there's not a new one, I've made some connection to another from the past. I'm starting to believe there is no such thing as coincidences...
Unknown said…
Cliff,

Gout is a very manageable disease. If it is properly managed, you can enjoy your seafood (in moderation) without fear of gout. I hope you will take a look at my site beatinggout.com and take a look at my book.

-Victor Konshin
Author of, Beating Gout: A Sufferer's Guide to Living Pain Free
deafjeff said…
Yeah cliff, I imagine Vic is going to tell you to not eat like a sob and drink like a fish, and bad things won't happen to you.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie