Thank You for Being a Friend

When I was in college my priorities were a tad screwed up. I learned not to schedule Friday morning classes because there was quarter draft nights at Antler's and with 5 bucks Fluffy, Rosie and I could paint the town red.

I also learned not to schedule classes between 10 AM and 11 AM - any day because Benson and the Golden Girls were on. We'd gather around the television, a tad hungover and watch the madcap adventures of the Lieutenant Governor, and four old broads who were always trying to get a little something. I defy you to watch either show and not laugh a little.

Recently I was flipping around the dial and saw Bea Arthur's face and hoped it was the Golden Girls - I started watching and Jake walked in - "Dude, what're you watching?" he asked.

"Golden Girls, it's funny," I said. (I was a little embarrassed).
"Dad, Grandma watches this show."
"So, it's good," I answered.
"Toughen up, Nancy," Jake said and ran from the room.

I must admit that I switched the channel, but of course, I was saddened to hear that Bea Arthur died - I'm hoping that TV Land runs a marathon when I'm out of town in the hotel room and can just watch it half hour after half hour.

That Betty White just slays me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie