The Roman Empire

I stepped on the scale yesterday for the first time in about two years. It wasn't so bad.

In fact, I was about 10 lbs lower than I thought after stopping at my brother Jim's and eating four lobster tails, a 1/2 pound of pasta, and a little tomato and cucumber salad - (the salad is to keep my vegetable count up).

During the meal my sister Corinne said, "You know what this reminds me of?" And I answered, "What? The Roman Empire?"

Yet all in all, a good day that ended with me on the scale wondering how bad it was? And like I say, I was pleasantly surprised.

Not high school weight -I graduated high school at 135.

Not college weight - I ended my freshman year at 196 - which prompted my mother to say - "Are you the guy who ate my son?"

Not even first few years of marriage weight - hey, she married me anyway.

Yet, not morbidly obese yet either. I mentioned the weight to my brother and brother-in-law, and they were okay with it too - hell they were shoveling it in right beside me.

Yet we all talked of losing twenty or so pounds - which is actually really, really funny when a group of six has just inhaled 28 lobster tails at a sitting.

We also tipped a couple of Heineken Lights in honor.

All that was missing was the vomatorium.

Comments

deafjeff said…
I gotta do the lose twenty also, 3 or 4 times.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie