Here Comes Baseball

There's a distinct feel to the air - baseball season is almost here and sports doesn't get any better than that. Box scores, Yankee games, something always on television. My number one Yankee fan isn't shouting at botched umpire calls right along with me, but I'll bet it'll be a good year this year. It better be.

Yet the thing that makes me miss baseball so much is all of the ugly sports on television. I like betting football, it's a bit monotonous to watch, and hockey is back to like watching paint dry. My favorite part of a hockey game is watching the time tick away on a power play.

College basketball always catches my interest, but only because I'm betting on it - and I still might win - go Tar Heels.

Yet there's something about baseball. When I lived in Baltimore I went to over 40 O's games and they lost all but one. I drank beer with friends, sat in the sweltering heat and watched the pitchers throw and the hitters hit. I've always felt better about life just watching the game.

So, where do I sit now? The Yanks spent a half a billion dollars. Perfect. Just what I wanted for Christmas. Now it's almost time to sit back and get the e-mails and calls from all the Yankee haters out there.

Bring it on - I'm one short when it comes to defending the world's greatest sports franchise, but Renaldo promised to be a Yankee fan this year - so I'm going to teach him all about winning.

They open against the O's - I smell the first of about 110 wins this year (including the last game of the playoffs).

Comments

Larry L said…
Good luck on 6/23, 6,24 and 6/25 you will need it. GO Braves!!!
April 6th at Camden Yards... it's all over the news... breaks my heart every friggin' time I hear it... Go Yanks!
deafjeff said…
The new stadium was 1.5 billion, think how many poor something or others could have been fed, clothed,...WGAF. The Boys are back in new digs! LET'S GO YANKEES!

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie