Winnie Cooper Got Married

As if the month hasn't been bad enough...Winnie actually got married. I used to love The Wonder Years and I felt all of Kevin's angst as he tried to get Winnie Cooper to love him.

I'm not kidding. My heart ached each week for poor Fred Savage because Winnie was just so perfect.

And did you see her as an adult? She still looks real good to me.

Yet the thing about the show that was so effective was that it took a long, hard look at love in the purest of forms - the first love. And Kevin romanticized each and every moment. He was nervous holding Winnie's hand, nervous kissing her, nervous that she was looking at another boy.

During high school and most of my way through college, I had that bigger-than-the-world view of love and that was why I was so in love with Winnie. She was every girl in the world to me and to millions of other guys, I imagine.

I suppose the world is a different sort of place today - freaking Winnie Cooper is married.

I suppose she couldn't wait for me forever.

Comments

deafjeff said…
Our adolenscence finally comes to a screaming halt.
Larry L said…
How true!
I saw the article and tried to send it to you! She's not all that cute Cliff, and if you think about it, she's a little young for you... Didn't you like the girl from "Part of Five" too? She's hot, though, so I can understand...

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie