The Wife Was Right - Yet Again!

We have a small roller coaster that comes apart into five pieces. Five pieces of crap that I need to kick out of the way whenever I want to get the mower out of the garage.

Five sonouvabitchin pieces that are always stuck directly under my feet whenever I'm carrying materials to and fro.

Five m-fing pieces that never get picked up out of the driveway after a party and always get rained on and are always filthy.

Our conversation took place last summer:

Me: Can we get rid of the damn roller coaster yet? The kids are ready for friggen' college.

Her: Let's hang onto it. It's a symbol - when the roller coaster goes they are officially not kids anymore. It'll make me sad.

Me: I'm telling you - it's either me or the coaster.

Her: Do what you have to do - one more year on the coaster.

Fade to early this morning. John, Farrah and Rocco were over for fun. In fact, counting the neighbor kids there were eight children here. I took them all for a walk around the quiet block and they picked up rocks and sticks and whistled and beeped. I felt like Peter Pan leading my minions around - it got a tad ridiculous when I decided we all should skip.

Take my word for it - me skipping is not a pretty picture.

When we got back into the driveway, I found my salvation - yes five pieces of plastic with a little car.

I had a line of kids ready for the ride. I pushed Rocco and then Farrah, and then Rocco and Anthony (the neighbor kid) and then Farrah again.

Sonouvabitch!

She was right again!

Comments

Larry L said…
I have been there too. Different item same story

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie