Do Your Job

I drove 400 miles today and worked about 15 hours. All the while I was thinking about people who don't do their jobs to the best of the abilities every day. You all work with someone, right? Someone who would rather piss and moan about what they're not getting than what they have.

I was thinking about all of this in regard to my brother. Perhaps someone didn't do their job the way that they should. I know for a fact that there was a nurse that worked so hard she could have pulled off wearing a sign that said 'world's best nurse.' I also know that there were a couple of real idiots that kind of mailed it in a shift or two, and I thought of this in context of what we lost. Not that doing their job to the best of their abilities cost my brother, but it certainly didn't help, did it?

So, it galls me to think that there are people who feel they are owed a job, a paycheck, medical benefits, and sick time, personal leave time and vacation time. Yeah, we all need those things, but it shouldn't be your first thought every morning or your constant mantra.

Perhaps I'm just tired and cranky, but at the end of the day, when my head hits the pillow, I can say that the people who hired me got more than what they expected - and if that is the one lesson I can provide for my kids, I will have done my job.

Comments

Larry L said…
I cannot begin to tell you how much I agree with you.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie