NCAA Tourney

Well, today will be one of the rough days - the first day of the NCAA Tourney was always a day of back and forth phone calls with Jeff. We would certainly compare notes and trash talk back and forth, and that will be sorely missed, but this morning I found another worthy adversary.

"Can I stay home from school today?" Sam asked Kathy.
"Why? Not feeling good?" Kathy asked.
"No, the NCAA is on at noon."
"You're going to school," Kathy said. "You're eight years old. You aren't a bookie yet."

So, I stumbled into Sam's room. I was certainly feeling sorry for myself. I had filled out two brackets just to keep the boys on their toes.

"You picked Duke in the Final Four?" Sam asked.
"They're playing well," I answered.
"God, you're dumb," Sam answered.

It struck me as a variation on Jeff's "You're so stoooopid," line from years gone past.

"It's going to be so much fun," Sam said. "Can I call you during the games? Or will you be working?"

"I'll be working," I said, "But you can call me 30 times if you feel like it."

It won't be quite the same, but Thank God Sam saw enough of my banter with my brother to fill a small part of the void.

"Louisville is never going to win it all." Sam said as I made my way out of his room. "God, you're dumb."

I'm dumb, stoooopid and sad today.

Comments

Gag said…
Well buddy, looks like I'm dumb too. I picked Louisville to win. I wish I had spoke to Sam before I filled out my bracket.
deafjeff said…
You're dumb and stoooopid everday! Don't kid yourself. I took the year off, not even one bracket. I say we get it going again next year, always a good excuse to get together and have a few.
Duke???? I choose not to pick Duke for anything just on principle alone. Stupid.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie