Getting Out of Dodge

Despite my belief that tramps like us, baby, we're born to run, I don't much believe in running away from tough times. After all, a sad, pitiful bastard getting on a plane in Buffalo gets off the plane in Florida as a sad, pitiful bastard, doesn't he?

Yet despite my distaste for laying around and doing nothing - it is exactly what I intend to do. I have a great desire to look up at the sky, shake my fist and ask why.

Not sure I'll get many answers, but I do know that I might get some sun and I definitely am aware that there will probably be a few Heiniken Lights mixed in.

So where do I stand in this battle, you ask?

There are many hours when I don't believe that it all went down like it did and that soon, things will be back to normal.

There's also a tremendous void in everyday conversation with the only guy who's call I always took. It didn't matter if I were climbing a ladder, or yelling at a client, I always answered that call because I knew for a few minutes each day I would have an ally there.

I don't talk on the phone much right now.

As for me and God? We still haven't had a civil conversation about all of it yet. I know it's coming but I feel like I was sold angel wings that were full of lead.

The train of life came crashing through and I'm still at the scene trying to pick up the pieces.

I decided to leave the derailment for a week and take the first plane out of Dodge.

Hopefully, a sad sack doesn't make the return trip.

Comments

deafjeff said…
Good for you. Make sure you have an extra Heiney light for me.
Andrea Renee said…
*raising my hand, too*

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie