Saturday in the Summer

For the second straight Saturday I was extremely productive, and mixed in a little fun with a ball.

I had paperwork to do, because for the second straight Friday I was so tired of work that I couldn’t stand to look at the computer at the end of the day.

Before I even finished a cup of coffee before 7:30, Ollie dropped the football in my lap.

“Give me a minute.”

I slugged the coffee and threw 55 passes to Ollie.

Wrote a number of reports, and Ollie was ready for round two.

We played again and then the summer Saturday began.

Weed whacked, stayed out of the house cleaning going on, started the laundry, grabbed groceries, planned our dinners, changed the cat litter, garbage and recycling out…

“I thought you were resting? You skipped out on the golf outing to rest.”

“Ehhhhhh.”

And that’s how it goes in the summer.

There’s a lot to do to clean up after the busy week, and I talk a lot about Saturday being the day I need to ‘get my legs back’.

And then the football is dropped into my lap again.

I threw and threw and threw and then finally grabbed a seat.

The Yankees promptly gave up a run and the game was tied.

Bah!

I’m trying.

To.

Relax!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie