Forced Retirement

Watching Mitch McConnell freeze up and stare off blankly until someone could lead him away from the podium was disturbing.

Not because I have any great affection for Mitch or his politics, but because he shouldn’t be standing there anymore pretending to be a leader of anything other than whether he wants tomato soup with his grilled cheese for lunch.

He’s more than 80 years old.

I do realize that there are productive 80-year old people out there - hell, I wrote about Mick Jagger turning 80 and he still moves better than me…

…but being a rock and roll legend and trying to make policy decisions for the country are two different animals and let’s face it…

…Mick has taken care of himself.

Diane Feinstein doesn’t appear to know what state she’s in.

I think about my father-in-law and his love of naps.

His days sometimes go like this:

Wake up

Eat breakfast

Take a nap

Eat lunch

Nap until dinner

Watch the baseball game.

Go to bed.

I’m not knocking it!

That’s a great day!

And what someone over 80 should do at least a few days a week.

There has always been talk about term limits.

They haven’t been enacted because the people who have to vote for them…

…don’t want to retire.

It seems that there should be new blood in positions of power….

…but back to Mick…

…the Stones signed a ten-year deal back when they were in their mid-70’s.

But check Mitch and how he looked….

…lost.

And ready to retire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie