Like a Painting


One of the best parts of playing golf is the beauty of a great course.

I stopped a few times yesterday morning to take in the amazing glimpses offered by nature.

The weather was perfect.

It was seventy-five degrees. The clouds were perfectly positioned, and I took that photo after hitting a drive down the middle, chipping onto the green, and two-putting for the par.

“This game is easy,” I said. “Look at how great that is,” I said to JC who was 3-putting the very same hole for a double bogey.

“Yeah. Who gives a shit?” He asked.

How much you enjoy nature while you’re out playing is directly tied to how you’re playing.

And it was a fun weekend as I was asked to play in a scramble on Saturday morning and the youngest member of our group was capable of hitting a ball more than 300 yards.

Which was fun to watch.

“You hit it pretty well for an old dude,” he told me.

I laughed.

As I was looking around at nature the next morning I was contemplating how quickly one goes from being a youngster to being an ‘old dude.’

Putting 36 holes on my tired legs may not have been the greatest idea heading into another summer work week…

…but I wasn’t regretting much about any of it.

It’s nice when it appears that the biggest problem you’re facing in life is somehow sinking those 7’ to 12’ putts.

I may have to start a search for a new putter.

“How’d it go?” Kathy asked when I re-entered the real world.

I sent her the photo.

“Looks peaceful.”

“Exactly.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie