I Just Watch

Got a text from Kathy on Tuesday.

“The air conditioner is cooked.”

Bah!

We do have an older model and we fixed it last year. A work buddy told me then that it’s ‘on its last legs.’

But he fixed it, and it worked great.

Until Tuesday.

Kathy had saved my buddy’s number so she texted him before I even got home. I barely listened when she said that he’d be coming by to check it.

Wednesday was a busy day and I was on the computer when my text chimed. It was my buddy.

“Hey, my guy is at your front door. Answer it.”

I greeted the guy and it was like a homecoming because I knew him from job sites around the area.

“You’re the safety dude.”

“Yep!”

Ten seconds later he was back at the door.

“Can you turn it on?” He asked.

“I think it’s on, but I’ll double check.”

It was indeed on.

“Huh,” the guy said. “Where’s your breaker box?”

I opened it, and I saw it immediately. The freaking breaker had tripped.

The guy made a dramatic motion of flipping the switch and the unit came roaring to life.

We both laughed.

“How much do you charge for flipping a breaker?” I asked.

He laughed again.

“Don’t you work in construction?” He asked.

“I WATCH construction,” I said.

“Well, there’s no charge. Just leave me alone the next time you see me without my safety glasses.”

So, we dodged a bullet.

In my defense, I did know where the breaker box was.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie