Independence Day

The 4th has long been my favorite holiday.

I love the sunshine so the 4th of July has always had an advantage as far as holidays go…

…and as a kid I enjoyed the patriotic feeling that the day brought.

As our kids grew, we made the trek to the 6-Flags amusement park, and the memories of those trips are something we still talk about.

But a strange thing has happened over the last handful of years.

I haven’t flown a flag in years because of the MAGA crowd taking over the flag and flying it without holding to  any of the principles that the flag stands for.

It bothers me that they claimed the flag and used it for garbage.

But okay, we have a long history and being an American still means something.

That flag still means certain things.

Or should.

I believe that we will bring it back around again. At least I hope so.

The fireworks were being blasted all through the neighborhood last night.

There will be more tonight.

I just hope, and pray, that in between the fireworks there is some thought given to what makes America truly a special place…

…and that we set aside all the garbage of the past half-dozen or so years.

I know I’ll consider it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie