Mick is 80!

Happy Birthday to the legend that is Mick Jagger.

He of the lines:

“I just can’t seem to drink you off my mind.”

“Your low-down bitching has got my poor feet a-itchin.”

“There’s a fever in the funk house now.”

I have been a Stones fan since I was about ten years old. I still hear Mick sing about 5 songs a day (minimum) every day.

They were my first concert back in ‘81 and when I saw them again in 2014 they were even better.

They were all supposed to be long gone by now because they were the bad boys of Rock and Roll…

…but Mick made it to 80 and Keith isn’t far behind.

I’ve truly only been star struck twice in my life and both times it was because absolute legends were less than 10’ from me.

Bruce walked onto the stage on Broadway and was about 8’ away…

…and Mick ran by me….

…literally a foot away at Toad’s Place on the Yale campus in New Haven, Connecticut.

The Stones came off a bus and headed into the club to practice for their Steel Wheels Tour.

Crazy.

I was just 22 years old.

Mick was only 43!

We all thought they were ancient then!!!

But there he was.

“Holy shit!” I recall saying.

He yelled out:

“All right now!”

And I thought about those girls passing out at the Beatles shows because they couldn’t believe they were seeing their idols.

There will never be another Mick Jagger.

May he have 40 more birthdays!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie