The Rivalry

Here’s a secret:

I honestly hate watching Yankees-Red Sux games.

It goes back to the early 2000’s, of course, but it’s continued to this day.

Now, this year there’s a pretty good gap in the standings, so the games shouldn’t be all that anxiety-filled, but I still don’t enjoy the games.

Because I don’t ever want to see the Red Sux even score a run.

We are in a fantasy baseball league and my boys are still running my brother Jeff’s team, and there’s only one rule:

“You can’t draft a Red Sux player.”

That, of course, goes back to those series all those years ago. Jeff had drafted Jason Varitek to be his catcher.

On the first day of the the season, Varitek homered. 

The next morning, Jeff cut him.

“I cant root for him.”

So, we made a pact.

No Red Sux players.

This is a 4-game series.

Donaldson hit a grand slam early last night and I texted a photo of him to a Red Sux fanatic.

“It ain’t over yet,” he answered.

“It’s been over since June 1st,” I replied.

“God, I hate the Yankees and their fans,” he answered.

I know the feeling.

I shut it off before the stupid Neil Diamond sing-along.

Go Yankees!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie