Bruce Is Back!

It’s been a long time since we saw Springsteen on Broadway.

Bruce and the E Street Band haven’t been around in 6 years!

But yesterday the news broke.

Buffalo is getting a visit, of course!

March 23rd.

And what’s funny about the world now is that on the concert announcement sent out by one of the local news channels a whole bunch of people jumped on to say that they hate Bruce because he’s anti-Trump and that he hates America.

I laughed at that, but it aggravates me too.

As a longtime fan, I knew back in about 1978 where Bruce stood on political issues.

“Nobody wins unless everybody wins,” should’ve been a clue that he was left-leaning.

He is for rights for all. 

Blacks, gays, women.

And of course, he grew up poor. 

Worked for every nickel. He gave a lot back. 

And while I feel compelled to defend him, I don’t need to force anything on anyone.

Bruce’s music has meant a lot to me and to a whole lot of people I love.

He’s a highly talented writer and performer. His is the most familiar voice in my life.

I really do listen to him as much as you might imagine.

Know every word he’s ever sung, and can’t wait to be invigorated by the presence of all of them.

I’ve been following Bruce for a long time.

I’m well aware that he is now 73 years old, and won’t be around forever.

But as he famously sang on one tour:

“I can’t promise you happiness forever, but we know we can promise you happiness right now!”

I’m going to be good and happy when they take the stage here in Buffalo.

And probably in a couple of other places as well!

Bruuuuuuucccccceeeeee!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie