The Long Weekend

It’s here!

Finally.

Friday was a weird work day because everyone already had a foot and a half out the door.

I had a plan for a half a day of work (was originally a plan for a whole day off but what can you do?)

By noon we were all on the tee.

I golfed with three guys who I’ve known, literally, for more than 50 years!

I’m only 57 so we met when we were nothing more than toddlers.

It was like putting on an old pair of comfortable shoes. 

We talked a little about our Dads. We laughed a lot telling old stories of glory days, and we swung the clubs without any pressure of competition.

The highlight of the day was a tee shot on a short par 4 that was 280 yards away. 

I was on the fringe - pin high! Al was just a ten yards behind me. 

πŸ’ͺ πŸ’ͺ πŸ’ͺ πŸ’ͺ πŸ’ͺ 

We parred the hole. (I missed the birdie putt).

But the game was secondary because we felt pretty free with 3 more days celebrating the weekend.

Yet, the politics of the day also entered our conversation on one hole.

Way too much instability going on these days!

(I needed a mulligan after the drive during the political talk).

So we set it aside.

And I thought about that a little.

Americans need peace this weekend!

I’m not all that enthusiastic about the fireworks going off and annoying my pets and I’m also not of the mind to celebrate all that’s happened in the country since about 2016…

…but here we are.

Family, rest, sun and food and driving a green or two with good buddies…

…not worried about anything more than where the freaking ball is!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie