“Have You Lost Weight?”

Ran into a guy I hadn’t seen in a few years. 

We had a 2-minute conversation and I moved away. 

On my past him on the way out of the site, he stopped me.

“Do you have a brother who does safety?” He asked.

“No,” I said. “My younger brother is a project superintendent, but he doesn’t work around here.”

“You just remind me of my old safety guy. Cliff Fazzolari,” he said.

“That’s me!” I said.

His buddy laughed uproariously.

“Holy crap! How much weight have you lost?”

And the funny thing is, I was asked that same question about 20 times last week.

I don’t even know how to answer the question. I don’t pay attention, but I’ll tell you this, I have to wear a belt now.

“You must feel better,” one guy said.

“Actually, I feel like garbage.”

And I honestly don’t know what the hell happened!

I was eating like a king, was symptom free, and didn’t even consider what I should or shouldn’t be eating.

And then I got a blood test that showed high glucose. It only took a couple of months and I got the number under control, but I forgot how to eat, I guess.

Counting carbs and not eating sugar did something to my appetite and evidently, I’ve continued to lose weight.

Saw another old buddy.

“Aw man, you’re sick!” He said when I walked up.

“Not really,” I said.

“Well, eat a steak, dude! I ain’t used to you looking like that!”

But the funniest part of it all?

Guys who’ve busted my chops for years are a little lost now.

They don’t know how to make fun of me if they can’t call me a hippo.

But at the end of the day it’s all right, I guess.

You don’t see a lot of overweight elderly people.

But I’m missing eating until pain!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie