All-Star Break

The Yankees are 64-28 and have a huge lead in the division.

By all accounts, a terrific start of the season, but the Yankees were pummeling the hapless Red Sox on Saturday night when Kathy asked if we could go to a movie instead.

“Sure,” I said. “I’m ready for the break.”

“What?”

“The all-star game,” I said. “I need the break.”

“Do you know that you aren’t actually a player?” She asked. “Why in the hell would you NEED a break?”

“I don’t know, but I feel it every year. I don’t watch the home run derby. I don’t even check on the all-star game.  I take 4 days completely off.

“Does it help you make it through the travel and grind during the second half?”

So, I guess that she doesn’t quite get it.

There’s a lot to going into following every game in a 162-game season.

I have to check stats.

I have to evaluate the playoff projections, and plot out possible playoff opponents.

I have to consider the league MVP, Cy Young, Rookie of the year, and managers of the year.

I also have to manage my fantasy baseball squad, and consider possible trades.

Finally, I have to get mentally prepared for the MLB trade deadline that is just 3 weeks from now.

Yeah.

I need a break.

I’m planning on just getting some rest, hanging with the family, and taking some time to smell the roses.

I’m just happy that I wasn’t chosen for the game.

I may have had to back out.

We all need down time every once in awhile.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie