Budman!!!

Not in love with this stage of life.

Got a horrible call on the way into work today.

Budman!

The man, myth, and legend in the construction world in Western New York, passed away suddenly last night.

💔 

I’ve known Budman for more than 20 years.

I enjoyed every visit to one of his jobs, and we always, always had time for a personal discussion about the Yankees and life in general.

Bud man was a regular texter and he often sent me texts during Yankees games because he knew I was watching.

He also will stay in my mind for a couple of conversations that were important to me.

The last time I spoke to him - just a couple of weeks ago - he was busting his ass in a cramped basement - he wasn’t complaining, and he was more concerned about how I looked!

My back was barking that day so I was moving slowly and he wasn’t a fan of the weight I’ve lost

“You look sick! Eat a steak!!” Was the last thing I ever heard him say.

But, Budman also was important for my career. Back about 15 years ago a young man fell to his death on a job where I was responsible to help with safety.

I was despondent.

Even months later.

I ran into Budman.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” He asked.

“Frustrated,” I said. “That kid didn’t listen. What good is it if the worker doesn’t listen.”

Budman put his arm around my shoulder.

“Listen, Dude, a whole bunch of us depend on you! You quit and I’ll kill you! Keep doing it.”

That day, I felt better about all of it.

Today, I feel miserable about the loss of my friend.

Rest In Peace, Budman.

You’ll be missed.

By thousands of us!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie