Covid Positive

It’s so weird to think about Covid now and Covid a couple of years ago.

Yesterday, President Biden tested positive.

There wasn’t wall-to-wall coverage on it.

We were told that he had mild symptoms, most likely because of the vaccines and boosters.

And it’s just weird now.

A friend of mine also tested positive this week. He also had just a stuffed up nose and a little fatigue. He only let me know because I spent some time around him the day before he was diagnosed.

When he belt me know, I didn’t panic.

A couple of years ago, I had to quarantine after hearing I was in the same county as someone who tested positive.

I didn’t even consider it this time, but thought, ‘Ah, I’ll take a test if I feel a symptom.’

I didn’t so much as sneeze all week.

I felt a bit weird about it though because I was friends with people who died of Covid. A couple of those friends were in their 50’s.

What a shame. 

Today we know a whole lot more about Covid.

It’s no longer a truly scary ordeal.

Yet, there’s a bit of unease when you realize that many of the politicians these days are pushing 80 years of age.

And can’t we limit that? 

How does someone nearly 80 even stay awake all day?

I’m only 57 and Tuesday after work I slipped off for a few minutes while watching ‘Better Call Saul.’

“You were sleeping,” Kathy said.

“I’m tired. I worked in the hot sun all day.”

How many times a day does someone fall asleep when they’re 80+?

Anywhoha…

I’m happy that a Covid diagnosis is less risky now. I hope it gets even easier as time passes on.

R.I.P. to those who were lost to it.

Shouldn’t have been that bad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie