Beautiful Summer Days

I’m appreciating these beautiful days.

Because I have a good memory of all the gray days that aren’t all that far in the past, and are coming up fast in the future.

One of the reasons I enjoy golf is because of the heat and the beauty of every course.

Every single round I’ll look at the surrounding and take a deep breath.

Perfect.

We have had a pretty long stretch of truly dry weather here. The pond was as low as I’ve ever seen it on 17…

…still managed to hit water with a truly horrific swing…

…but I also haven’t had to cut the grass this week.

And I love a summer night around a neighborhood.

You can hear dogs barking, and voices of children and even an occasional leftover firecracker.

One of our neighbors has a fire pit and there are summer nights when I can smell that smoke and listen to their youngsters laugh as they jump on the trampoline.

Miss those days when the kids were young…

…but they stay busy too.

“What’s up for tomorrow?” I asked Sam.

“Cornhole tournament.”

We’re busy too.

And the sun is shining.

Only about 90 days left before the gray.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie