The News

So...how have you all been?

What's making the news rounds these days?

I've been chasing bed bugs around in hotel rooms and standing in front of hundreds of folks as I do talks all around the area...all great fun, of course, but my own stupid jokes are all I've been listening to lately.

Are you enjoying the snow and cold?

Isn't it lovely?

The white in the bare trees? The ice at the front door? The ice at the back door? Scraping off the car? Freezing until the heat kicks on?

Certainly one of the longest, most depressing winters...we haven't had a freaking nice day since about mid-September...seems that way, at least...and we're only about 140 days away from freaking mid-September...when it all goes to shit again.

Maybe I'll hit the slopes.

That'll be a real trick with these legs!

Anywhoha...

Caught the continuing saga of Fred Durst. How about that idiot? He goes into the restroom and confesses that he killed them all, into the microphone that he's wearing?

Didn't he watch Naked Gun?

Leslie Nielson took a nice long pee that was heard by everyone in the room.

Damn, Fred...turn the mic off...everyone knows that!

Crazy bastard.

Catching reports of the Yankees practicing. It's hard to get excited about it when you're freezing your ass off, but there are rumors that baseball is less than two weeks away.

Thank God.

So, now we get to hear about the next group of presidential candidates. The early part of the massive run up to an election that is more than 18 months away is that we get to filter out all the nut bags first.

(Not that they all aren't a little crazy)

But you know who I'm talking about...

...the radicals...who will trip all over themselves and say really stupid things...and get caught doing really dumb things.

Trump, Bush, Clinton, Cruz, please God, not Palin!

Sounds great, right?

Maybe I should just throw my hat in the ring early.

God knows I can probably make the oval office a whole lot of fun. I can almost hear the anchorman folks introducing me:

"Here comes the president...he's wearing a Mantle shirt that has a dark mustard stain on the sleeve. We've seen this look before, but there seems to be a pasta sauce stain on the other sleeve too. This is exciting folks. We're waiting for him to curse...should be riveting!"

I'm sure the next president will be roundly loved and hated.

Read through the awful story about the 7 children killed in the New York fire after a hot plate ignited the flames. Can you imagine anything worse than that? The news is all over the pain of the story and sometimes I wonder what good it does to get every pain-filled quote.

Just awful.

Finally, there was a major story in our area last week as a school board dropped the 'Redskins' name and kicked the mascot to the curb.

What amazed me about the story was the passion involved as a whole lot of folks really battled hard to keep the name.

Why?

You can't get used to a new name?

There's no doubt that the 'Redskins' name is a racial slur.

It just is.

It may not offend you...

...but it offends a whole group of people.

And it's not about being soft.

It's a racial slur!

Guess I don't really get it, but just me saying that much will invite a whole bunch of hate.

I can tell you that I'd be really up in arms if the team was the:

Washington Wops, or the Washington Pollacks, or the Washington Drunken Micks...

or worse.

It's really that simple folks.

Progress.

An interesting concept.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie