Nothing But Net

Whoa...

Those first two days of the NCAA are really exciting.

For the basketball enthusiasts and also for the geeks who like to work with black and red ink.

Underdogs and mighty programs.

All-star athletes and just regular college kids, who'll never sniff the pros, playing ball against each other.

One game after another. Folks of every walk of life with the televisions on in the offices. Everyone looking for updates on their phones.

Let me tell you:

The Fazzolari home was alive with every second of it. Sam and Jake had the television on, switching to all the networks for hours and hours.

"What're we doing this weekend?" My beautiful wife tried...on Thursday morning.

"Uh, basketball," I said.

And of course, Kathy tries. She puts a bracket in and obviously knows who the favorites are. She would certainly love to beat us at our own game...

...but lo and behold.

Who was the leader after the first two days of games, you ask?

Yep!

Clifford James Fazzolari.

28 out of 32 games picked correctly.

That's just 4 wrong for those of you who can't do the math.

It's more correct than Jake, Sam, Matt, Pops, Renaldo and his kids, J.C. and his kids.

More than Kathy!

More right than my sister Corinne who entered some strong brackets.

But there's still trouble lurking because...

...I'm in a dead heat with an arch-nemesis...my brother-in- law Charles.

I also know that it can all go South, rather quickly, but I never was 28 for 32.

So.

I may chirp a little bit.

Chirp. Chirp. Chirp.

The sound is deafening around here.

"As much as winning money might be good for the grocery inventory," Sam said. "I'm really praying that you don't win."

My boys.

They'd much rather see the old man fail...

...than to hear the chirp.

Chirp. Chirp. Chirp.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty