The Berlin Wall


On my trip to Philly I actually got to see a piece of the Berlin Wall.

It was right there near where I parked my car.

I love pieces of history so I spent some time wandering around reading the plaques.


I thought back to the days when the wall came down...

...as the plaques say...

...it was a fairly significant event, of course.

You know what I remember?

Laying in the back of a pickup truck, drinking beer, and listening to Roger Waters tear down the wall with a concert.

We were at a party and my beer drinking partners that night were John Cataldo and my brother Jeff. We ate about 200 steamed clams as we drank the beer.

Perhaps it was more significant for others...but that's all I remember.

Yet I think about the wall coming down and the sense of freedom that was rebuilt when the wall was torn down.

It's crazy, but it's just a big piece of concrete, you know?

I tried to make sense of some of it, but my curiosity wasn't enough for me to get more involved in what transpired to bring peace to a far away land.

Time to brush up.

The Berlin Wall coming down can't just be about Roger Waters, beer and clams...

...but it was a good night.

Remember J.C.?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty