Weekend Warriors

It was a little quiet on Monday morning.

Guys who are usually busting (chops) and making fun of one another seemed to be a bit lethargic.

"You're quiet today," I said to one guy.

"I'm freaking tired," he said. "Too much weekend."

And I kind of felt the same way.

Summer, in fact, lends itself to doing more things out and about. Parties, runs for charity, yard work...someday, golf, hopefully...

...all of it leads to quieter people on Monday morning.

And I'm not bitching about it at all.

On Sunday I was waiting for a single person to complain about how hot it was.

No one did.

After what we went through for the previous seven months or so, you'd really have to be a true whiner to worry about that bright, sunny day.

It felt good to sweat a little.

Yet I also knew what the working folks were feeling. The weekend legs certainly aren't under me yet.

Hopefully it doesn't take long because winter will be here soon.

I did speak to one job foreman about it.

"Perfect weather days suck," he said. "I had one guy show up without his hardhat. I told him that he couldn't come on site unless he had one. The guy said he had one in his car so I sent him after it. A little while later I received a text from him that said he was on his way home.

The guy said that he 'wasn't feeling it' today."

"We need a day to recover from the weekend," one of the laborers said.

I couldn't disagree. I had missed my nappy-nap this past weekend.

"But at least I had a lot of fun with the family," the guy said.

And there you go.

That's why we work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie