World Cup/Stanley's Cup

Who's Stanley anyway?

Hockey is over. I guess it ended in the middle of the night after two teams skated in circles until one of them got tired enough to just let one in so they could go home.

I watched roughly one period of their entire playoff season.

Just doesn't interest me anymore.

And you know what interests me less?

Yeah, the World Cup.

Cameroon?

Where in the hell is that?

Between Hamburg and East Aurora?

Yet the thing that does interest me about the World Cup is the fact that others are SO interested in it.

"What was the score of the Mexico game?" Someone will ask.

"One to nil," will be the most common answer. "They won on a shoot-out."

Now, I was a very ineffective soccer player the one year I played it. The highlights of my soccer career were my own goal (which was a beauty) and watching my buddy Jeff Renaldo kick one in from the center of the field.

(I had a great look at that one...I was sitting in a lawn chair on the sidelines - result of my own goal in the previous game).

Anywhoha...

I am quite aware that other people sing the same tune about baseball.

"It's too slow. It takes too damn long. Throw a pitch, scratch your nuts, throw another one."

And it's weird, but you get sort of defensive about the sport you like and try to defend it...but that's what makes it all so interesting.

Soccer is the number one sport in the world.

A lot of people gather in funny hats to watch a seven-minute horse race.

Other people like watching cars go by.

So...to each their own!

Enjoy.

I think we all can agree on one thing though:

It's gonna' be fun to watch LeBron James get knocked off his own high-horse this weekend.

"I belong on the Mt. Rushmore of greats."

Please!

Take your ball and go home.

Floppy the Crybaby.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty