It's Your Mother You Freaking Idiot

Mom is in her first week out of the hospital following her hip surgery and she's doing her rehab work at home where she wants to be with her three dogs and familiar surroundings.

Of course we've had to scramble a bit to get people there to help her during work hours, but Corinne and Kathy worked a plan that was so close to coming together...

...but our Wednesday during the day backed out.

Truth be told here...I never use my days off.

I don't miss days being sick. I hardly take time even after I have surgery.

Vacation?

That's funny.

It just never really occurs to me to do such things.

But when I thought about Wednesday being wide open I knew what needed to happen, but I had to make it work.

I called the guy who works closely with me and asked him if he could handle the Buffalo area on Wednesday.

"I can make it work," he said. "What's up?"

"I'm thinking of taking the day to sit with my Mom," I said. "Things are crazy though...not sure I can pull it off."

He was silent for a moment.

If he couldn't swing it in town I was sort of trapped.

"Are you debating it?" He asked.

"I have to think about doing it, right?"

"It's your mother, you freaking idiot! Are you kidding me?"

We both laughed.

"How many days do you think you ruined for her?" He asked, "with your bullshit."

When he framed it in such a manner it was an absolute no-brainer.

"Seriously. Don't give it a second thought," he said. "Can't believe you even gave it a first thought."

He was right, of course.

But it's funny how we think sometimes.

It really is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie