Air Travel

I'm sorry.

Air travel really sucks in this country.

There's a sense of surprise nowadays when the flight isn't delayed. Then you have to get there so early that you spend your time sitting in a hard plastic chair, just waiting.

That's not even to mention security and being yelled at by those people. There's nary a smile as you make your way through the line - and I get it, but geez, most people aren't terrorists.

Not even a 'Hi'?

Which left me a bit tired and ornery as I checked into the hotel in Kansas City at 2 a.m. Here was my exchange.

Clerk: How can I help you?

Me: I have a room reservation. (What the hell else did he think was going on as I lugged suitcases to his desk?)

Clerk: What's your address?

Me: I called it all in. Here's my credit card. Here's my ID. Take what you need off that.

Clerk: Oakie-Dokie

(We all know I hate that).

Clerk: There's a $250 fine if you smoke in your room.

Me: I don't smoke.

Clerk: I hear that all the time and then the guy is smoking in the room and we have to fine them. I'm telling you not to smoke.

Me: Listen, dude. I'm fifty-f&UHing years old and I've never had a cigarette. It's 2 o'clock in the morning. Stop busting my balls.

Clerk:

Clerk:

(He didn't have another word for me).

I almost wished that I had a cigarette.

I would've lit it for him.

Then there are the masses of people walking around in the airport. It used to be fun to look at the people and watch them converse.

No more.

Everyone has their head down, looking at their phone.

They're walking into freaking walls for crying out loud.

I just wanna' walk by screaming:

"Get the hell out of my way!"

I got home late.

Melky was waiting for me.

I got a couple of nods from the humans living here. My beautiful wife gave me a quick kiss.

It was Melky who brought it all back around for me.

I got into bed, the Yankees west coast game in the 6th inning.

Me: Damn, Melky, there's a whole bunch of morons out there.

Melky:

She didn't say anything.

But she knows.

She knows.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty