Yogi & Carmen


65 years Yogi & Carmen were together.

She died this past week.

Poor Yogi.

And yes, I chose him in a Mets outfit because that was when I first learned about Yogi - during the 1973 World Series - we were rooting for them over the A's because Dad told us too.

Because of Yogi.

And he was a great Yankee of course, but this is about more than his 10 World Series rings.

(Yeah...10!!).

It's about a much greater accomplishment.

Living with a freaking woman for 65 years!!

Just kidding, there as well.

I just have a special place in my heart for people who are together that long. They become a part of one another. They are not quite complete if the other isn't around.

And it's sort of sad, isn't it?

That one continues forward alone for a time.

65 years they were married.

What a beautiful life.

And I know a guy who golfed with Yogi for a day and said he was sort of a sourpuss.

You can't base it all off one day, right?

But old Italian guys are sourpusses most of the time, I imagine.

(I'm headed down that pike for sure).

But just a moment for one of the Yankee greats.

May Carmen rest in peace.

65 years married trumps even the 10 rings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty