Adios Phelps

So I see we lost a "holy" man over the weekend.

Fred Phelps.

You may not know the name but you probably know of his actions and deeds.

He was the leader of the Westboro Church.

You know the one.

It's the church that preaches love and faith and hope and punctuates all of it with...

...absurd hate.

Under Fred's direction they protested at funerals of military men who died in action.

They brought hate to the highest of levels when speaking of gay men and women.

Fred was intent on stomping on people's right to live their freaking lives as they saw fit to live it.

All in the name of the demented image of God that he had in his silly, little mind.

I don't know of people that I despise more than people like him.

And on the other hand, he's certainly free to worship or spout anything that he wants to.

I'm not hypocritical that way.

But when it spills over into people's every day lives and becomes part of the fabric of a community, and influences others to spread hate...

...it doesn't sit right with me.

So Fred has left and is now going to be judged as he felt so free to judge others.

I hope he brought some beach clothes.

It's hot where he's going.

Rest in Turmoil.

Piece of garbage.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie