The Best Two Days In Sports

I must admit that I've grown a bit weary of basketball on the big television in our living room.

I know for sure that my beautiful wife has.

"Come on! Villanova is on!!" Sam has been yelling all year. "This is the only television that gets it!!"

So, we've watched a lot of college hoops.

Not that it will help any of us win the bracket in the NCAA Tournament, and that's because it's the best tourney in all of sports.

Yep...better than the World Series.

Way the frig' better than the Super Bowl.

(Do you know the NFL doesn't pay taxes?)

And that's because they are just kids...and the tourney mixes the little guys against the big dogs...and every once in awhile there are super upsets that end with a long shot as time expires.

My boys are thoroughly into all the gambling that goes into it.

We all get our geek on, using red and black pens to circle the winners and losers.

Yet Sam is ALL IN!!

Reminds me so much of my brother, Jeff, who absolutely loved everything about this tourney. He'd fill out bracket after bracket...we'd talk after each session...he wanted all the pools to see who was ahead after each round.

Sammy boy stepped right in.

Over the weekend he was in his room for a long time...strange for Sam...he always has to have his pulse on everything going on in the house...he's our heart beat...keeps us laughing...and he's always in a great mood.

(Thank God he got my personality).

But he was missing...

...I entered his room...which is an absolute mess most of the time (he got that from my wife)...he was holding pen to paper.

"What're you doing?" I asked.

"Writing the strengths and weaknesses for all the teams in the tourney," he said.

He held up a dozen sheets of paper filled with little notes.

I just laughed...

...and looked up.

His uncle would be really, really proud.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie