Priceless


The above photo was from a trip back about ten years ago to the Six Flags Amusement Park at Darien Lake. We used to go up for a long weekend each year and have a blast, camping, cooking out, drinking beer. The Grape Apes went along, my buddy Jeffy and Chris Miller...who is in between Matt and me in the photo.

We all loved the trip and I especially enjoyed not having a lot to do on that weekend.

So my wife decided we didn't need to do that anymore.

Anywhoha...

On this particular day, Chris kept talking about getting shot into the air on the catapult above the lake. I wasn't real keen on being swung just inches from the water, but the beer was making me relax.

The big problem was that three of us had to go.

That's how Matt got involved.

Chris disappeared for a moment and returned with the tickets. I know the ride was pricey, but it didn't matter, once the tickets were purchased we had to go.

I miss getting dizzy from drinking beer.

I was real dizzy as they strapped us into our seats.

It was while we were getting strapped in that my wife and mother-in-law arrived on the scene. My mother-in-law was real honest in her assessment of the situation:

"We don't give a shit if the two of you get killed, but why are you taking Matt with you? If you don't survive we're gonna' stomp on your fat heads."

Which only caused us to laugh harder.

As they started taking us up we got a bit out of alignment. Chris uttered the 2nd great quote:

"HANG ON! THE FAT GUY IS ASKEW!!"

We made a slow climb with a man talking in the headset. He was speaking to Matt, who was in charge of pulling the rip cord when we got to the top.

I must admit.

I was scared out of my mind as we made the climb up.

At the top, the man told Matt to rip the cord. Matt hesitated. Very calmly the man said it again. Finally, I screamed it.

Moments later we were on the ground.

It was absolutely awesome.

That photo was captured as we neared the ground.

As we headed back towards the campsite my mother-in-law was still in my ear.

"You're lucky you didn't kill him. You two are idiots!"

Yes we are.

But look at that captured moment.

Just priceless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie