Saturday Night!

Matt was home for the weekend from college.

Of course that meant heading out for fun.

I remember being his age, of course, and thinking:

"When I get older I'm still gonna' go out and have a great time!"

I also remember asking my Dad to go to the movies with us one weekend.

"I'm not going to sit in some theater. I work hard all week. I'm sitting right here on the couch."

That wasn't going to happen to me!

On Saturday night my beautiful wife returned from work at about 7:30. She grabbed her dinner and sat on the couch across from where I was already seated. Sam was jumping around watching the college basketball game between Duke-Syracuse and I was watching along too.

"Are we gonna' do something?" Kathy asked.

"You wanna' go out dancing?" I replied.

"No. Are we watching something?"

We have been watching the Kevin Bacon show, The Following. It's entertaining enough.

"Perhaps," I said.

"Can you watch two of them tonight?" Kathy asked.

I wasn't quite sure.

"That would require you to stay up until 11 o'clock or so."

Tall order.

I thought of Matt out with his friends on Saturday night. By 11 o'clock it would all be getting started. They'd be laughing, and drinking and finding something greasy to eat in the middle of the night.

"11:00 is tough," I said. "But what the hell! It's Saturday!!"

We watched two very tense episodes. Kevin Bacon was drinking, running through the streets, shooting people, making out with hot women.

"When does this guy sleep?" I asked.

"He's not a hundred years old, like you," my wife said.

"Yeah, but still. He's gotta' get tired."

I was asleep by 11:06.

There'd be hell to pay on Sunday.

At least a two hour nap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie