Dogs On Main Street Release


The work is almost done.

Let it be known that Chris Colantino just flat-out nailed the book cover. They say a book can't be judged by the cover, but I hope this one is.

I had a feeling...and it paid off.

Chris read the draft copy and found the spirit of the title. He jumped right in and got to work. He learned a little about deadlines and making sure it was just right...and then about letting go.

And we are almost there.

I'm happy too.

You see, there was a great impulse to finish the book writing career after ten books. That's a nice number. I didn't need any more. I had sat in a room where they passed out writing awards and I'd finally felt comfortable there.

I'd done what I set out to do. I wrote books, got a few laughs, earned some money that I promptly gave away, and signed some autographs.

All high aspirations, but I'd done it.

And I'd had enough.

But then my buddy, Jeff Popple, sent me a quick message:

"Write me something, bitch."

And it instantly made me want to again.

Because of the readers.

So this one is strictly for all of you. It was sitting in the finished pile. I loved doing it.

I'm under-selling that.

I honestly loved doing it. As much as I had loved it during book one. I was writing fiction. I was creating my own world. I made myself laugh. I made myself think. I thoroughly enjoyed spending time with each and every character who was a product of my imagination but was also a compilation of people I'd met in my life.

And I was writing about a life-long love affair with Springsteen's music and concerts and the vibe that I enjoyed on 32 of the greatest nights of my life when I'd spent time with him as he played his creations.

So I created.

And I don't have any preconceived notions.

I don't care if the book makes a single dime.

I really don't.

I only care that you enjoy it because it's a gift to you as a reader.

And now I have 11 published books.

I can't stop there, right?

It's a weird number.

Gotta' try and get to 20 now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie