Hands A Little Clammy

Was listening to Opie and Anthony the other day and they were talking about being a sap for a girl. Given that we were coming up on Valentine's Day there was a lot of discussion about being young and liking a girl and being nervous about trying to reach out to her.

We've all been there, right?

I was a true sap for years and years.

I'd get real nervous about asking a girl her name even.

One Valentine's Day a college buddy stood with me at the mall and we handed out roses to every pretty girl that passed.

That didn't work.

And we all remember the excitement of buying a present for a crush and wondering what she thinks as she takes a look at it.

"I can't accept this," is not a great response.

And, of course, I've landed the beautiful Kathy Fazzolari so I must have had some charm, right?

She doesn't think so, of course, but it's difficult for her to tell me how lame I was, am, or will be because, after all, she did marry me.

So I must have had something going on.

I can almost hear her rebuttal now:

"I was drunk."

But the thing is whenever you think about those old days of being nervous about talking to a girl the same weird feelings come back.

I recall being in college. My roommate and I had a great idea to take two girls we had crushes on to an expensive dinner complete with drinks.

I'll never forget how I felt, playing gin rummy with my date, as he made out with his date a room away.

I recall thinking:

"Damn, I'm a loser."

And here we are all these years later.

My beautiful wife scored two Bruce tickets in Pittsburgh for Valentine's Day.

Who's laughing now, bitches!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie