Ryan Miller Is Tired

Sometimes things catch you the wrong way.

Tuesday night was one of those times. I read a few accounts on Twitter about what a brave, hearty, courageous soul Ryan Miller, the Sabres goalie, was for playing in the game Tuesday night just a mere 24 hours after returning from the Olympics in Russia.

Oh the humanity!

What a cruel thing to do to a man!!

Make him play a game after such a grueling trip where he played 60 minutes in two weeks while heroically representing the country as they got bounced and didn't even get a medal?

So, I made mention of it in a response to a Buffalo sportswriter.

"Boo-hoo," was my wording.

The reporter responded by telling me that I was clueless and ignorant because jet lag is a tiring thing.

I just don't get it, folks.

Ryan Miller is a 33-year-old professional athlete who is paid about $5 million a year as he stands in front of a net and deflects frozen rubber away.

What the hell are we doing?

He's a hero because he can play after a grueling plane trip?

I have been walking on pain sticks for the last few months.

My wife is a nurse and she works her ass off.

People get up each and every day at 5 in the morning and toil at jobs where they will be lucky, really lucky to earn, in a year's time, what Miller will be paid to block rubber in a week's worth of games.

I get it.

They are entertainers.

We pay to watch them do their job.

Earn all the money you want. People are willing to pay to watch, but don't you dare tell me how wonderful he is because he can go to work tired.

How many people out there do their job tired some days?

How many people get their asses kissed at every turn by some awestruck reporter who just wants to kiss ass?

Big freaking deal.

He's tired. He didn't fly the plane home. He didn't cure cancer out on the wing. He was most likely massaged every twenty minutes and fed seafood.

I know a guy who gets up in the middle of the night to go to work and then sleeps a few hours every day.

Boo-freaking hoo.

Kissing the asses of these athletes is ignorant and clueless.

And someday, somehow we need to realize that.

We're amusing ourselves to death.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie