The 2014 Crystal Ball

So, we're getting there, right?

2013 is almost in the books...and as you go through the year end lists and all the review, with an eye on making 2014 the greatest year ever, just remember to temper those expectations a little.

Shall I make some predictions?

(Sam loves when I predict things because he saves the blog and brings it back and beats me over the head with what I have wrong).

1). I said 49ers over Broncos for the Super Bowl. I'm good with that. I'll stick right there.

2). I said the Bills will finish 6 & 10...they are one final loss away from making that come true.

3). The 27-Time World Champion Greatest Franchise in the History of Organized American Sports - the New York Yankees will get title Number 28 this year. Robinson Cano will openly weep before each game as a Seattle Mariner.

4). We lost James Gandolfini this year and that still makes me shake my head. There aren't any actors out there I wish harm to, but there will be a couple of shockers in 2014. I really hope that she figures it all out, but Amanda Bynes? Lyndsey Lohan?

It's too morbid...I ain't predicting one.

5). Justin Bieber will not stay retired. (God I hope I got this one wrong).

6). There will be at least 5 mass shootings...thoughts and prayers will go out to the families...nothing else will be done. (Hope this one is wrong as well).

7). The Duck Dynasty crew will be back. They'll say something else...and get tossed for good.

8). The Springsteen album will be awesome. (This is the basic no-brainer on the list).

9). The Affordable Care Act will be a rousing success for millions who couldn't afford to get sick. It will also be widely criticized by those who don't give a flying shit for that segment of the population.

10). Minimum wage will be raised to $8 an hour. It still ain't nearly enough.

11). The Chicago Black Hawks will win their 2nd straight Stanley Cup. Their best player, Patrick Kane, will bring the cup back to Buffalo again, and this time the town will turn on him and ride him out of town.

12). The United States will win hockey gold - Ryan Miller will lead the way - then he'll leave the Sabres as a free agent and sign with the Detroit Red Wings.

13). The Bills won't draft a QB because they feel they have a good one in EJ Manuel. They'll start the year 3 and 7 and fans will boo EJ off the field...by Thanksgiving the loyal fans will be counting down to draft day.

14). The Republicans and Democrats won't get along.

15). We'll lose either Jimmy Carter or George Walker Bush.

16). The Pope will be criticized when he finally allows priests to get married. The Pope will also speak out against those who judge gays - he will be roundly hated by a section of the population for that stand.

17). My sons will continue to try and eat me out of house and home.

18). I will get a hole in one this year.

19). My new book "The Dogs on Main Street" will be widely accepted and loved by all.

20). The Yankees will win title #28.

Did I mention that one twice?

Believe it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie