Cleaning Up

I'm starting to move around a little better...which is good, of course, but it has led me to different places in the house where clutter has been allowed to build.

An O.C.D. dude with a new year dawning does not get along with clutter.

It started in my room and the book shelves. They are becoming overfilled and there are a lot of people out there who are of the mindset of tossing them into the trash...I could never do that.

"You won't read them again," my beautiful wife explained.

"But they need to stay," I said. "They are memories."

So I organized them a bit. Then there are my hundreds and hundreds of CD's. All the music is now on my I-pod or phone, but I can't just discard those CD's, right? They are sorted nicely.

I don't know about you, but I'm not good with buying music this way. It's so impersonal. Yet at least I am still buying my music. Way too many people simply steal it.

Tell me how that is possible. An artist creates something and people sell it right out from under them. It happened to me a few times with the books. How is that not theft?

Anywhoha...

Back to the clutter.

Raise your hand if you have a drawer that's just busting with junk. We all have a junk drawer, right?

Well...

...we have a half dozen of them apparently. Plastic containers without covers, mind you, stuffed all over the place. You open the wrong cabinet, on the wrong day, and you might be buried in the avalanche.

I sat down on the kitchen floor and pulled everything out of one such cabinet. I wasn't about to bend and try it, but slowly and surely I organized it a little and matched a few of the lids with the bowls. Both dogs sat beside me, wondering; "What the hell is he doing now?"

I thought about going to the big room of junk that we have in the basement area, but that's just too much and the O.C.D. would most likely result in a seizure.

We have Barney tapes down there.

My wife is "getting to them".

I am under strict order not to throw them out.

I suppose that we will be looking at them as senior citizens.

Can't figure out why else we might need them.

But I ain't in charge, right?

Being off injured has taught me a couple of things anyway...

...mainly to relax a little and stop chasing life down. It goes on with or without me anyway.

Not everything has to be done this very minute.

Not every nook needs to be cleaned up constantly.

Does anyone need a Barney tape?

We got 'em all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie