I Won't Be In Today

I had one decent day early in the week in the middle of being extremely frustrated. The reason I felt all right for a few hours?

I received a few work-related calls.

Things I could help people with. I actually had to think a few things through. I relayed the good feeling to a buddy of mine:

"It's amazing we get self-worth from our work," he said. "Part of the Catholic guilt trip."

I laughed.

Then, in a matter of minutes, the Today Show ran a story about the EPA big shot, John Beale, who collected a ton of money while calling off of work for years, telling his superiors that his time was short because he was busy with his top secret job working for the CIA.

I ain't kidding!!!

Years and years!!!

He collected a huge pay check. He was paid tremendous bonuses. He never once showed up. He had never done a lick of work!

For years!

It's an incredible story.

It's one of those real head-scratchers and it was stated that he'd while away his time by doing things around the house, riding an exercise bike and making up elaborate lies to avoid going to work.

No Catholic guilt there.

They interviewed Beale's boss. She had no idea what to say about the multi-million dollar scam.

The guy claimed to be in Pakistan on duty.

He claimed to have contracted maleria while in Taiwan.

He sent out a couple of emails a day, covering his tracks, and they deposited his paycheck directly.

The CIA never heard of him.

The EPA kept paying him.

Incredible.

There's way too much shame on this one. They'll make it go away quickly. He'll get probation. Another big-shot criminal who won't pay for stealing a ton of money.

Another example of absolute incompetence at a lot of high levels.

So much for feeling self-worth through work, huh?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie