RIP Brian Griffin

I'm a big fan of Family Guy. In fact there are only two shows that I don't want to miss new episodes of:

Family Guy and Modern Family.

I love watching and laughing with the boys and while Family Guy is crass and crude, they usually tell the truth.

Well, the dog, Brian, died in an episode a couple of weeks ago, and like others, I felt really cheated.

But death does that.

Still, I figured it would be fixed by a plot twist and that Stewie would bring Brian back to life with a trip in the time machine, but alas, the time machine is busted beyond all repair.

"That's it!" Sam announced. "He's not coming back."

And Sam was not a fan of the plot twist either.

Still.

I forgot about it.

Until I saw an article about the petition started to get the show's creator, Seth McFarland, to change his mind.

There are more than 100,000 signatures on it.

And that made me sadder yet.

What makes me sad about it?

That we can generate so much passion for an issue like that, but can do little for other real life, important issues.

Poverty and hunger?

Poll people on that and they'll scream:

GET A JOB!

Childhood cancer?

IT MAKES ME SAD TO THINK ABOUT THAT.

Inner-City Violence?

LET 'EM KILL EACH OTHER!

A Living Wage for the Working Poor?

THEY SHOULD GET A THIRD JOB IF THAT'S WHAT THEY NEED!!

It's all just amazing to me.

For three weeks now we've been hearing about the fan who fell out of the stands at the Bills game. He's honestly had more stories done about him than I had done about the two books I wrote about Women & Children's Hospital.

A cartoon dog has a groundswell of real support.

People are impassioned.

It's a travesty! I tell ya'!!

Something needs to be done, NOW!!!

In the end, I just don't know what to make of it, but I'm serious. If I were to start an online petition about properly establishing rights for women in the workplace, or, hell...pick the topic...I wouldn't get near the Brian Griffin numbers.

"I hope they bring him back," Sam said. "I'll really be upset if he's gone forever."

A lot of people will, kid.

A whole lot of people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie