Christmas Day 2013

My big sis posted a photo of Dad the other day.


Just a beautiful shot, right?

And it occurred to me that in the photo that he was about the same age that I am now. And thankfully, we all shared those days with him.

And it got me thinking about Christmas.

And life.

And love.

And what happens after it appears to be gone.

And like the Grinch my heart started to grow.

Because I've been fortunate.

So damn fortunate.

We are all just chasing love.

When you're standing ten deep in a line at a department store worried about getting somewhere else to buy something else you're doing it for someone you love.

When you're waiting for the damn thing to pop up out of the turkey at the same time that the potatoes are ready for you to mash them...

...yeah...love.

When you're loading the car and sitting there waiting for the wife and kids to get in so that you're not late for the next stop, your patience waning...

...remember the love.

My Dad's smile is really broad in that shot.

Thankfully, I can almost read his mind right there.

He's happy.

Because he found it.

The kingdom of his days were filled with it.

The people he left behind all feel it.

Every single day.

And on Christmas we gather and hopefully cherish the fact that our hearts are overfilled...

...with love.

God gave me everything I want.

And I Thank Him with all my might.

Merry Christmas to all.

When you feel it.

Hold it tightly.

It goes fast.

But it doesn't go away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie