Progress?


I work in the construction field and thankfully I've stayed real busy through the years. In fact, even a bit too busy.

On Thursday afternoon I was downtown near about three jobs that were all going on. Guys were chipping concrete and working from aerial lifts and signalling the cranes.

I was sitting on a park bench eating a couple of hot dogs from the cart on the corner near the three jobs.

And it occurred to me:

"We're almost like a real city."

The big job, of course, is the ice rink and hotel to be put in right next to the hockey arena. The Sabres aren't doing much, but their owner is sinking some money back into the area and despite all the angst over the current state of the team that's a good thing.

Then it seems as if every hospital is expanding and building tremendous new facilities.

Healthcare is a booming business, and given the number of doctor visits I've made in the last two years, that's great.

Buffalo is a great place and I'm hoping that it continues to grow. It really depresses me when I drive around and see the poverty and the boarded up windows.

The East side is like a war zone. The West Side is getting that way.

People are afraid to drift too far away from the event their visiting.

Things can change.

Build Buffalo!

It's a great idea.

The hot dogs were good too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie