Living Legend


He's hanging up the spatula.

Living Legend Jeff Popple is pulling out of his particular job...to win.

And let me tell you, it's my loss.

"Yo, I'm stopping for lunch," I'd text.

Two hours later I wouldn't be able to move.

Way too big on the cheeseburger.

Way too much on the plate when I'd order the Joe's Special.

There were usually two stuffed peppers served first.

As an appetizer.

Quick...anyone else get an appetizer for breakfast?

And it was a lot of fun eating at the 3-Star when I was a young man.

Perhaps it will do us all some good if Pops leaves the industry.

But it is our loss.

Because he really can cook.

"How do you do your macaroni and peas," he texted me one day.

I gave him my father's recipe and then went on with my day.

Hours later, I got a text back.

"Holy shit! I can't make enough of it to keep 'em happy."

My Dad knew the feeling.

So, good luck on the new career.

If it's half as successful as your last one there will be people lined up to get their water treated.

Go get 'em, buddy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty